Polyform Sculpey Oven Bake Clay: White, Black, Violet, Spring Lilac, Yellow, Emerald Green, Granny Smith Green
Black plastic-coated wire, two 3” lengths
Green beads, two
Cardstock tag (or scraps)
Ribbon, two 10” lengths
Parchment-lined baking sheet
Dad’s favorite golf tees and Mom’s favorite chocolates
Clay-dedicated rolling pin or wooden dowel
Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
2. For lid base, roll Emerald Green (Mom's) or Granny Smith Green (Dad's) clay to 1/8" thickness. Smooth clay on jar lid. Use old or promo credit card to cut excess.
3. For Mom's flower, roll seven 1/2" Lilac and seven 1/4" Violet balls. Roll Lilac and Violet balls together, creating marbleized look. Form marbleized balls into seven petal shapes. For flower center, roll 3/4" Violet ball. Press petals around flower center. Use toothpick to add dots and petal lines.
4. For Mom's bee, roll 3/4" Yellow ball. Form ball into teardrop shape. Roll skinny Black logs. Wrap logs around bee's body. For bee's head, roll 1/2" Black ball. Press head on body. Press beads (eyes) and tiny Black ball (nose) on head. Use toothpick to draw mouth. For wings, roll two small White balls; form into teardrop shapes. Press wings on body. For antennae, cut black wire lengths; insert into head.
5. For Dad's grass, roll tiny Emerald Green ropes. Layer ropes on lid. For golf ball, roll aluminum foil ball. Cover ball with White clay. Use pencil end to make golf ball indentations.
6. Position flower and bee on Mom's jar and golf ball on Dad's jar. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake lids on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
7. Use black marker to write "Moms Are Bee-utiful" and "Dads Are Tee-rific" on card stock tags. Punch holes on ends of tags. Insert ribbon end through tag; tie tag around jar.
8. Fill jars with Dad's favorite golf tees or Mom's favorite chocolates!