Summer Vacation Album
size: 8" square
Summer Vacation Album
- Cardstock: white, cream
- Assorted print papers
- Silver metal bookplate, 1-1/8"x2-1/2"
- Silver shell paper clip
- Silver mini round paper brads
- Silver round eyelets, 3/16", three per page
- Ribbon, 1/4"-wide, 12" lengths: blue, yellow, green
- Sisal cording
- Assorted embellishments: metal word strip, rub-on transfers, embossed stickers, alphabet stickers and words, clear word stickers, stitched tags, metal art frames
- Krylon Make It Stone! Charcoal Sand Textured Paint
- DecoArt Americana Warm White Acrylic Paint
- Alphabet rubber stamp set
- Paper punches: rectangle, 1-1/4"; circle, 1/16”, 3/16”
- Dark blue ink pad
- Computer and printer
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- ruler, paintbrush or sponge scrap, paper towel, scissors
- 1. For cover and pages, cut 8" cardstock squares. Ink edges. Punch three 3/16" holes in left edge of each square. Attach eyelets.
- 2. Ink edges of 2-1/2"x7-1/4" blue/green striped rectangle and 4-3/4"x7-1/4" blue distressed wood rectangle; adhere to cover. Stamp "Memories" on striped rectangle. Machine stitch around rectangles, 1/8" from edges.
- 3. Stamp "Of" on mustard ribbed paper; cut out and adhere to back of bookplate. Punch 1/16" holes in bookplate sides; attach paper brads and adhere to cover.
- 4. For pocket, cut 2"x4-1/4" vellum rectangle; tear top edge. Place on cover; machine stitch around edges. Apply Warm White to metal bookplate; wipe excess. Place starfish in pocket. Print wording on cardstock; tear rectangle around words and ink edges. Attach rectangle with decorative clip.
- Sandy Beach Spread
- 1. Spray two 8-1/2"x11" cream cardstock rectangles with Charcoal Sand; let dry. Cut two 4-3/4"x7-1/4" Charcoal Sand rectangles; tear top edges. Cut two 3"x7-1/4" blue distressed wooden rectangles. Ink edges of all four rectangles. Adhere rectangles to pages.
- 2. Print words on cardstock; adhere to back of metal frames. Ink photo edges. Adhere frames, photos, and embellishments in place. Adhere clear sticker words to white cardstock; tear around words and ink edges. Adhere on page.
- Favorite Things Spread
- 1. Cut two 2-1/2"x7-1/4" blue checkerboard rectangles and two 4-3/4"x7-1/4" blue distressed wood rectangles. Ink edges. Adhere rectangles to pages.
- 2. Cut three narrow rectangles from yellow and green distressed wood papers; ink edges and adhere on pages. Apply rub-on transfers. Adhere starfish and round metal word on page.
- 3. Punch 1-1/4" yellow distressed wood circle; ink edges. Adhere sticker, punch 1/16" hole, then attach paper fastener. Adhere circle to page. Adhere photos to tags; adhere alphabet stickers and metal tag, then attach to page. Place metal hangers on tags through ribbons; adhere ribbons to page. Attach remaining embellishments as desired.
- 1. Stack pages between covers. Insert sisal cord through eyelets and tie 1" from edge so album opens freely.
- 1. To make the starfish on the front cover, place starfish on computer scanner with clear plastic sheet underneath. Scan starfish into computer and print to desired size on photo paper. Cut around starfish with deckle-edge scissors. Antique cut edges with dark blue ink using a dry sponge. Adhere a smaller starfish to each inside spread to continue the theme.