Painted Dryer Vent Pumpkins
- Flexible aluminum foil transition duct (purchased at home improvement store)
- National Nonwovens Green WoolFelt
- Natural stick or twig, 1/2”-wide, 6” length
- Spanish moss, small amount
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and Bigz Leaves Die (657119)
- Wire cutters
- Jacquard Products Neopaque Paints: White, Black
- Jacquard Products Metallic Copper Lumiere Paint
- Aleene’s Liquid Fusion
- scissors, paintbrushes, wooden clothespins, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Remove duct from packaging. Determine size desired for pumpkin by wrapping end to end. Cut to desired size using wire cutters; remove excess duct length. Use scissors to trim excess metal foil.
- 2. Apply generous amount of glue on both ends of duct. Press ends together to form "pumpkin" and use clothespins to hold in place while drying. When dry, remove clothespins.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint pumpkin White or Metallic Copper. Use several coats as needed, letting each coat dry before adding additional paint. When dry, drybrush edges Neopaque Black. Let dry.
- 4. Die cut leaves from Green felt using die cut machine.
- 5. Adhere small amount of Spanish moss into center top of pumpkin. Adhere stick (stem) and leaves to center of pumpkin. Let dry.
- 1. If die-cutting machine is not available, freehand draw and cut teardrop shapes from felt.