Good Luck In School Card
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
Good Luck In School Card
- Elmer’s White Mini Bi-Fold Foam Board, 9”x12” (opens to 12”x18”)
- Hampton Art Ki Mini Celebrations Collection Birthday Banners Ruffle Cardstock, 12”x12”
- Hampton Art Ki Mini Celebrations Collection Happy Birthday Paper, 12”x12”, three sheets
- White/blue chevron ribbon, 5/8”-wide, 1 yd.
- Photos of child, 4”x6”, one horizontal and one vertical
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 9” Paper Trimmer, 12” Metal Ruler, 12”x12” Self-Healing Cutting Mat, AXENT Craft Knife, 8” Scissors
- Elmer’s Painters Black Medium-Tip Opaque Paint Marker
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: Foam Mounting Tape, Permanent Dot Runner, All Purpose Glue Stick
- 1. Apply glue stick to entire front of folded foam board card and cover with star side of Happy Birthday paper, aligning edges on two sides. Turn over foam board and use craft knife and cutting mat to cut paper even with foam board edges. Similarly, cover back of foam board and trim. (Note: If desired, cover inside back of card with paper, as well.)
- 2. On Birthday Banners ruffled cardstock, measure up 2-3/4" from bottom edge of cardstock. Use scissors to cut horizontal strip that includes green top strip, red strip, and banner flags. (Note: Fold back top of green strip to cut paper underneath, close to stitching line.) Use tape runner to attach cardstock strip to top of card, along fold.
- 3. In same way, trim separate yellow, green, and blue stitched strips from cardstock. Using photo as guide and tape runner, adhere strips to card. Apply tape runner to center stitch line only so edges remain dimensional.
- 4. Cut one 4"x6" red and one 4"x6" green panel from front side of Happy Birthday paper for photo mats. Trim photos as desired and adhere to mats with foam mounting tape; trim edges.
- 5. Cut 5"x2" striped strip from front side of Happy Birthday paper.
- 6. Using black paint marker, write "YAY! SCHOOL!" or similar message on banner flags at top of card. Write personal message on striped paper strip. Let dry. Gently bend flags out to add dimension.
- 7. Position photos and message strip on card front. Use one or two layers of foam mounting tape to adhere elements to card.
- 8. Wrap ribbon around card front near fold; knot at left. Trim ends diagonally to prevent fraying.
- 9. Use black paint marker to write encouraging message inside card; let dry completely.
- 1. Bright and colorful birthday paper collections can often be used for other happy occasions, like back-to-school time or graduation.