Flourish Thank You Card
Flourish Thank You Card
- Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Ivory Cardstock
- Echo Park Paper Co. Springtime Collection Lemonade/Robin’s Egg Paper
- Hemp twine
- White embroidery floss
- My Favorite Things Vintage Cameo Stamp Set
- Silhouette Cameo Cutting System and Lori Whitlock Flourish Cutting File (#19995)
- Sewing machine and ivory thread
- Punches: Stampin’ Up! Circles, 1-1/4” and 1-3/4”; Creative Memories Corner Rounder
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo Ink Pad
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, foam dots
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, paintbrush, wooden skewer, sewing needle, paper piercer and mat
- 1. Make 5"x4-1/2" ivory side-fold card. Trim 1/2" from right edge of card front. Use punch to round right corners.
- 2. Cut 5"x4-1/2" blue paper panel; adhere inside card.
- 3. Sponge all card edges, inside and out, with Vintage Photo ink.
- 4. Download flourish cutting file from Silhouette America site at www.silhouetteonlinestore.com. Click on Flourishes & Shapes under the Categories bar at left; click on Flourishes on the second screen. Flourish shown can be found on page 15 of the search results. (Note: Design identification number will appear on screen once appropriate file is selected and is provided for reader's convenience only; this site is not searchable down to the item.)
- 5. Follow manufacturer's instructions to cut flourish from yellow paper. Sponge edges Vintage Photo. Tie twine into bow around one section. Adhere flourish to card front.
- 6. Stamp sentiment to right of flourish.
- 7. Punch circle from blue paper; pierce border around edges. Ink edges. Use floss to stitch circle border; adhere to card with foam dots.
- 8. Punch smaller circle from yellow paper. Cut slits at eight opposite points on circle, like a compass, cutting from edge almost to center.
- 9. After cutting slits, fold each flap in half to give flower dimension. Ink edges and adhere to circle with paper glue; let dry.
- 10. For flower center, cut long, thin strip of yellow paper. Wrap tightly around paintbrush handle or wooden skewer to curl. While still curled around handle, press flower center to clear adhesive dot. Press center to flower.
- 1. If you don't own an electronic cutting system, look for a flourish rubber stamp. Stamp flourish with gold chalk ink, edged in brown, for a similar soft effect.