Embossed Circle Frame Card
Perfect for Grandparents' Day, give a card and special gift in one with this delightfully distinctive photo greeting. Combine coordinating embossing folder and dies to create this sweet look.
- Cardstock: cream, pale blue
- Gold/white dot paper
- Blue silk ribbon
- Crystal button
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Tools: Framelits Circles Die Set, Textured Impressions Circle Frame & Rosemary Embossing Folder Set
- Chalk ink pads: gold, green, light brown
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots
- paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- 1. Make 4-1/2"x6" cream top-fold card. Emboss card front with Circle Frame design.
- 2. Use sponge dauber to carefully highlight raised areas of embossed design with green and gold inks as shown. Sponge card edges with brown ink.
- 3. Cut gold paper strip to fit bottom of card; sponge edges with brown ink. Adhere strip to card.
- 4. Die cut photo into circle of desired size; circle should fit inside embossed frame. Die cut larger circle from pale blue cardstock; sponge edges with brown ink. Layer and adhere circles together; set aside.
- 5. Using craft knife, cut along upper edges of flower and leaves closest to center of embossed frame. Tuck photo circle behind cut edges and adhere to card.
- 6. Tie ribbon into bow around card front. Adhere button to bow with clear dot.
- 1. For a tone-on-tone look, emboss colored-core cardstock and gently sand raised designs to add a vintage touch.