Karen Foster Design School Collection Writing Practice Paper
Karen Foster Design School Collection Lil' Stacks Dimensional Sticker
Coin envelope, #3
Felt: red, green, tan
Blue baby rick rack trim
Papertrey Ink Friendship Jar Stamp Set
Sewing machine and white thread
Electronic cutting system and Silhouette Green Apple Cutting File
EK Success Paper Shapers Circle Punch, 1-1/8"
Ink Pads: Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Old Paper
Therm O Web Adhesives: SuperStik Permanent Glue Stick, XL Permanent Tape Runner
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
1. Use cutting software to create card base. Open apple file; replicate and flip copy horizontally to get mirror image. Move mirror image so that right side is slightly overlapping left side of original image; weld and cut out to create apple-shaped card.
2. Remove die-cut apple from cardstock, and use remaining outline as template to cut out felt pieces as follows: red apple, tan stem, green leaf. Adhere felt pieces to card front using glue stick.
3. Sew straight stitch around edges of card front.
4. Trim top from coin envelope to create 3"-tall pocket. Cover pocket with lined paper; punch semi-circular notch in top edge.
5. Stamp "just for you" in black ink near bottom right corner. Sponge paper edges with Old Paper ink.
6. Adhere school sticker to front of pocket; tie with rick rack as shown. Adhere pocket to card front using glue stick.
1. Coin envelopes are inexpensive and a great on-hand supply - perfectly sized to hold gift cards and lots of fun to embellish!