1. Position frame face down on white copy paper; trace around frame. Plan design on paper tracing by dividing frame into rectangular sections.
2. Cut metal sheets into shapes 3/16" larger than rectangular sections. Use Matte Black metal for background and Pewter metal for accents. Adhere background sections onto frame using metal adhesive.
3. (Note: Use metal adhesive to adhere accents onto frame after creating elements for each rectangular section.) Use photo as guide and work clockwise from top left to build design. For Rectangle 1, cut freehand heart shape and punch three small circles. For Rectangle 2, draw heart, swirls, and background ripples on wrong side of metal; turn over and sand color off raised areas. For Rectangle 3, cut heart from metal and form into 3-D shape filling center with hot glue for support. Let set. For Rectangle 4, draw pattern of dots on wrong side of metal; turn over and sand right side. Add small red paint dots; let dry. For Rectangle 5, cut heart shape and punch four holes in shape. For Rectangle 6, write "Love" in reverse on wrong side of metal. Turn over and sand raised surface. For Rectangle 7, draw parallel lines on wrong side of metal. Turn metal over and sand raised edges. Cut heart from Matte Black metal; scrunch metal and flatten. Form scrunched heart into 3D shape; fill shape with hot glue for support. For Rectangle 8, write "Hugs" in reverse on wrong side of metal and draw freehand swirls and dots. Turn metal over and sand raised edges; add small red paint dots. Let dry. Adhere all accents onto frame.
4. Cut Pewter metal into narrow strips and trim edges using pinking shears. Adhere strips onto frame on dividing lines where rectangular sections meet.
5. Press excess metal over edges of frame onto back. Wrap black ribbon around frame edges; adhere using fabric glue.