Serenity Beeswax Card
Serenity Beeswax card
- White cardstock
- White tissue paper
- Tiny black adhesive pearl
- Vintage buttons: brown, clear
- Fine twine: brown, natural
- Wooden craft stick
- Mini stapler and staples
- Paper distressing tool
- Stamps: Artistic Outpost Serenity; Memory Box Heart Bird Keepsake, Vintage Record Sheet
- Ranger Ink Pads: Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo, Archival Jet Black
- Tattered Angels Mists: Chalkboard Decadence, Glimmer Jazz Blue
- Ranger Melt Art Beeswax and Tools: Melting Pot, Project Pan
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, tweezers, small sponge, cardboard
- 1. Never leave melted wax unattended.
- 1. Make white top-fold card.
- 2. Stamp black record sheet image over an entire sheet of white cardstock, re-inking stamp between impressions and stamping images side by side without overlapping.
- 3. Re-ink and stamp record sheet over original image, shifting 1" to right to create layered effect. Repeat for each original impression.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to melt beeswax pellets in project pan.
- 5. Place stamped cardstock onto a sheet of sturdy cardboard. Gently pour melted wax onto stamped background and smear over surface; use wooden craft stick to move wax as needed. See Photo 1.
- 6. Place tissue paper over wax on stamped background. See Photo 2. Use heat tool to re-melt wax, adhering tissue to surface. Heat entire background. Holding edge of cardstock with tweezers, use heat tool to thin and move wax around. Turn paper as needed. (Note: An uneven application of wax will create more texture.)
- 7. Spray surface with brown mist. Using heat tool, heat up background again. Holding edge with tweezers, use heat tool to thin and move wax and color. See Photo 3.
- 8. Let background dry and cool. Tear away excess tissue paper and add additional layers of brown mist as desired; let dry completely. See Photo 4.
- 9. Cut a 6-1/4"x4" panel from background. Distress edges with tool. Sponge edges Vintage Photo.
- 10. Stamp black bird/heart image onto tissue paper. Spray with blue mist; let dry. Detail cut heart. Sponge edges Vintage Photo. See Photo 5.
- 11. Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock; trim into thin, 3"-long strip with sentiment at right end. Distress edges. Sponge entire strip Vintage Photo.
- 12. Using a tiny bit of paper adhesive, adhere heart to background. Adhere sentiment strip as shown; staple each end of strip.
- 13. Using a stylus, poke four holes at top right and left edges of heart. "Sew" brown twine through holes in an "X." Adhere background to card; staple each corner.
- 14. Cut a 4" natural twine length. Insert ends through brown button, centering button on twine and making an "X" through buttonholes. "Sew" twine through clear buttons, leaving a bit of space between buttons; trim twine ends. Adhere buttons to card with clear dots.