Herb Garden Kit
Herb Garden Kit
- Standard clay pot and saucer, 4”
- Herb seed pack
- Potting soil to fill pot
- Forster Jumbo Mini Stick (Loew-Cornell)
- Green clay bead
- Lime green satin ribbon, 3/8”
- Sisal cord
- Heavy black thread
- Copper wire, 20-gauge
- Copper eyelet, 3/16”
- Jute colored cardstock
- Zipper-lock sandwich bag
- Damask adhesive-backed stencil (Plaid)
- Botanical clear stamp (rubberstamptapestry.com)
- Fun Type alphabet rubber stamps (Rubber Stampede)
- Ink pads: brown; black
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Hauser Light Green; Lemonade
- Hole punch, 3/16"
- Crafter's Pick The Ultimate! (API)
- Drill with 1/32" bit
- 1. Paint outside lip of pot and outside of saucer (except bottom circle) Hauser Light Green. Stencil damask pattern symmetrically around painted areas of pot, aligning design on both pieces when saucer is placed upside down on pot.
- 2. Fill zipper-lock bag with potting soil. Print "potting soil" on cardstock. Cut 3"x4" rectangle around words; ink edges brown. Use black fine-tip marker to draw line around rectangle 1/4" from edge. Glue rectangle to front of bag.
- 3. Tie ribbon bow around seed pack.
- 4. For plant marker, use black ink to stamp herb name on top of stick. Rub brown ink over entire stick. Drill hole in top of stick. Thread 4" wire length through hole in stick and bead. Twist wire ends together on top of stick to secure wire. Bend ends of wire into loops above bead.
- 5. Place plant marker, bag of soil and seed pack (folded in half) in pot. Place saucer upside down on top of pot. Wrap sisal around pot and saucer, and tie tight knotted bow on top of saucer.
- 6. Print "herb garden kit" on cardstock. Use black ink to stamp botanical design. Cut a narrow tag shape around words and stamped design; antique edges brown. Draw a line around tag 1/8" from edge. Punch hole in tag; attach eyelet. Insert black thread through eyelet and knot ends around sisal bow.