A Way With White: COPIC Marker Tutorial
- Cardstock: Prism Stormy Dark, Imagination Int’l. X-Press It Blending Card, Stampin’ Up! Real Red
- October Afternoon Papers, 8”x8”: Report Card, Schoolhouse
- Sheer navy organdy ribbon
- White string
- My Favorite Things Stamps: à la modes Blue Without You, Pure Innocence Little Firecracker
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Dog Tag, Simply Scallops Small, Star Border
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E000, E11, E15, E18, R24, R59, Y11, Y15, Y17, Y19, B0000, C00, C1
- Sakura Pens: Glaze 3-D Clear, White Soufflé
- Prismacolor Brown Colored Pencil
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Make navy top-fold card.
- 2. Cut a 4"x5-1/4" blue star paper panel; adhere to card.
- 3. Cut a 4"x2-3/8" red dot paper panel and a 4"x2-1/2" navy cardstock panel. Adhere layers together, leaving narrow blue border at top and bottom.
- 4. Die cut two scallop borders from navy cardstock. Adhere first border behind bottom edge of red/navy panel; trim ends flush. Offset scallops of second strip and adhere behind bottom edge of first; trim ends flush. Adhere panel to card as shown.
- 5. Stamp black image onto Blending Card; trim to 2-1/8"x3-3/4". Color image with markers. See Figs. 1-3 to color pants.
Fig. 1 - Beginning with lightest shade B0000, line right edge of each pant leg. Extend line slightly from right to left along bottom of each pant leg. Do not color entire object.
Fig. 2 - Using next darker shade C00, add color over blue tinted area, extending color further in toward left edge of each pant leg but not all the way to left edge. Areas left white will create "highlights."
Fig. 3 - Using next darker shade C1, add deeper "shadow" along left edge of each pant leg. Color over darker gray areas once again with lighter C00 marker using small circular motions to blend away any hard lines. If desired, continue adding deeper s
- 6. Using clear pen, dot buttons on pants. Dot shirt and bow with white pen; dots will at first appear clear but will dry opaque. Let dry completely.
- 7. Add ground with brown colored pencil.
- 8. Mat stamped image on navy cardstock; adhere to card.
- 9. Die cut one dog tag from white cardstock; stamp black sentiment. Die cut short strip of star border from red cardstock; remove three tiny star cut-outs and adhere to tag.
- 10. Tie ribbon into bow around card. Tie tag to bow with string; secure with foam dot.
- 1. Colors used to add shadows to white areas will depend on the project. Use light blues and cool grays for bright projects; try warm grays and even skin tones for warmer-hued projects.