Birch Bark & Roses Vases
Dow Chemical Co.
Birch Bark Roses Vases
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: three 5" cubes, one 4"x4"x2" block
- Birch Bark Flats, eight pieces (Naturalforestproducts.com)
- Artificial twisted green vines, two 24" lengths
- Artificial or live flowers: pink roses: 3 light, 2 dark; 2 bunch rose pink cornflowers; 1 pink ranunculus; ivy stems
- Reindeer moss
- Floral shears
- Floral pins
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
- 1. Hot glue 2"x4"x4" block onto top of one 5" cube. Glue two remaining 5" cubes together.
- 2. Trim birch bark flats to 10"x5" to cover sides of stacked 5" cubes. Cut additional birch bark strips to 5"x7" to cover sides of shorter cube.
- 3. Position vines on top of each of bark vase and secure with floral pins and low-temp glue. Loop vines around tops, leaving space between loops for inserting flowers.
- 4. Trim all flower stems to 2" and insert into tops of vases between vine loops. Hot glue stems.
- 5. Arrange and glue ivy stems, leaves, and moss onto uncovered areas between flowers.