Thankful For You
Thankful For You
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Imagination Int’l. X Press It Blending Card, green scraps
- Crate Paper 6”x6” Paper Pads: Farmhouse, Random
- Brown button
- Fine copper craft wire
- May Arts Trims: Orange Twill, Jute String
- My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Girl, Little Pumpkin
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Cloud Trio, Little Open Scallop Strip
- Tsukineko Memento Ink Pads: Tuxedo Black, Potter’s Clay
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E000, E00, E11, R20, Y21, YR23, E31, E33, E35, E57, YR15, YR16, YR18, W1, W3, W5, YG0000, BG0000
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils: Brown, Green
- Odorless mineral spirits
- Paper blending stump
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, Imagination Int’l. X Press It 1/4” High-Tack Foam Mounting Tape
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, large needle or similar tool, wire cutters
- 1. Make brown top-fold card. Cut 4-3/4" orange paper square; adhere to card.
- 2. Cut 4-1/4"x3-3/8" orange/green floral paper panel; mat on brown cardstock, aligning right edges. Adhere to card 1/4" from bottom edge, aligning with orange paper edge.
- 3. Cut 4-3/8"x1-1/2" herringbone paper strip. Cut 4-1/2"x1-5/8" brown cardstock strip. Adhere strips together, aligning right edges. Wrap twill around strip, tying bow at left side. Tie button to bow with jute string.
- 4. Die cut open scallop strip from brown cardstock; adhere to back bottom edge of layered herringbone strip. Adhere strip to card, aligning with edge of floral panel.
- 5. Stamp black image onto blending card; trim to 3"x3-3/8". Stamp clothing onto patterned papers, using photo as guide. Detail cut clothing and adhere to main image.
- 6. Color remaining image areas with markers. Add grass/ground using colored pencils. To blend colored pencil, dampen tip of blending stump with odorless mineral spirits and use it to soften and blend pencil pigment.
- 7. Hand-cut tiny leaves from green cardstock scraps; adhere to pumpkin stems.
- 8. Wrap one end of wire around large needle to curl. Poke hole at base of each pumpkin stem. Insert wire, trim to desired length, and adhere ends at back.
- 9. Mat image on brown cardstock; adhere to card with foam tape.
- 10. Die cut clouds from blending card and brown cardstock. Layer smaller clouds, offsetting slightly to create shadow, and adhere to image panel. Stamp black sentiment onto larger white cloud. Layer larger clouds and adhere to image panel with foam tape.
- 11. Cut 4-1/4"x2-3/8" orange/green floral paper panel; adhere inside card. Cut 4-1/2"x1/2" herringbone strip; mat on brown cardstock. Cut 4-1/2"x1-1/4" orange paper panel; mat on brown cardstock. Adhere pieces to panel inside card.
- 12. Stamp orange image onto blending card; trim to 3-1/4"x3-1/4". Stamp black sentiment. Mat on brown cardstock. Adhere inside card.
- 1. To create a cute thank you card for a teacher, replace the pumpkin portion of the stamp with apples. Just don't ink that area when making the initial impression, then mask the wagon before stamping the apples.