The Dow Chemical Co.
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: cone, 9”; cube, 5”
- Christmas ornaments (with caps removed), 1”, 140
- Cardstock, 12”x12”: green, two; red, one
- Wooden dowel, 1”x4”
- Red micro glitter
- Light green reindeer moss
- Garland or party beads, two strands
- Green acrylic paint
- Adhesives: The Original Yes! Paste All-Purpose Stik Flat Glue, white craft glue, low-temp glue gun and sticks
- pencil with eraser, scissors, ruler, shoebox lid, putty knife, craft pins, paintbrush, craft knife, spoon, wooden skewer or chopstick, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Measure and cut five 5" squares of green cardstock. Using putty knife, spread thin coat of Yes! Paste on one side of foam cube; adhere green paper square. Smooth out paper with fingers. Repeat process covering all four sides and top of cube.
- 2. Cut twelve 1/2"x5" strips of red cardstock. Lightly score down center of each strip and fold in half. Unfold strips and apply Yes! Paste; adhere strips on each corner, beginning with top and bottom edges.
- 3. Draw or trace holiday words on center of each side of cube. (Note: Model shown used Jolly, Merry, Cheer, and Bright.) Using paintbrush, fill in letters on each word with white glue. Working over shoebox lid, gently pour micro glitter onto glue. Repeat process, covering each word. Pour excess glitter back into container. Let dry thoroughly.
- 4. On covered work surface, paint 1"x4" dowel green. Let dry.
- 5. Measure to exact center of top of 5" cube; use craft knife to cut 1" hole. With point of spoon, scoop out hole. Push dowel straight down into hole about 1-1/2" deep. Remove dowel, spot glue with low-temp glue gun, and firmly reinsert dowel. Using ruler, make sure dowel is straight.
- 6. Measure to center bottom of cone; use craft knife and spoon to make another 1" hole. Insert and adhere other end of dowel into bottom of cone.
- 7. Make hole in cone using eraser end of pencil. Place dot of white glue in hole; firmly insert neck end of ornament into hole. Cover entire cone with ornaments, placing them as close together as possible. Adhere ornament onto top of cone.
- 8. Fill in spaces between ornaments by using skewer with white glue to poke small bits of reindeer moss into open areas. Let dry.
- 9. Use craft pins to attach string of beads (for garland) around cone. Pin garland around top of cube if desired.