Show off a cool shaving cream-and-ink technique on an everyday accessory. Special magnetic dies make the intricate look so easy!
- Cardstock: white, teal
- Clear contact paper
- Natural raffia
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Movers and Shapers Tools: Base Tray, Moments Die
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Re-Inkers: Bottle, Stream
- Foam shaving cream
- Glue stick
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, non-stick craft sheet, wooden craft stick, bone folder, shallow plastic tray or cookie sheet, hole punch
- 1. Spray shaving cream onto one side of tray or cookie sheet. Squeeze a few drops of re-inker onto shaving cream. Apply second ink color, being careful not to mix colors. Use craft stick to gently swirl inks back and forth, creating marbled pattern.
- 2. Place white cardstock down on top of shaving cream. Lightly press down, then lift cardstock straight up. Scrape off excess shaving cream using craft stick or spatula. Lay flat to dry.
- 3. Cut 2"x6" bookmark from marbled cardstock; die cut word from center.
- 4. Cut 2"x6" backing from teal cardstock; adhere layers with glue stick.
- 5. Apply several ink drops to non-stick craft sheet; smoosh several strands of raffia into ink to dye it. Let dry.
- 6. Place bookmark face up on sticky side of contact paper. Cover with second sheet, sticky side down, and sandwich together. Smooth flat with bone folder, smoothing out wrinkles and air bubbles. Trim excess.
- 7. Punch hole in end of bookmark; thread raffia through hole.
- 1. Visit www.sizzix.com to view more Movers & Shapers word dies, including Imagine and Journey.