Girl's Locker Mirror
Combine your student's favorite colors and themes in a cute back-to-school locker accessory.
Girls Locker Mirror
- Scalloped wooden frame, 6"x6"
- Darice Mirror, 4"x4"
- Bazzill Basics Paper Aqua Cardstock
- Papers: My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Mabel Collection Little Lady, The Paper Co./TPC Studio Woodland Whimsy Collection Little Bird Clouds
- Creative Charms Embellishments: Crystal Rhinestones, Hot Pink Crocheted Flower
- American Crafts Earth Tones Pearl Brads
- New Image Co. Tangerine Glimmer Felt
- EK Success Jolee's Boutique Peace Sign Dimensional Stickers
- Strong magnets
- Computer and color printer
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Bigz Vine with Leaves & Flower Die
- Fiskars Rotary Cutter, Cutting Mat, and Blades: Straight, Scalloped
- Plaid FolkArt Jamaican Sea Acrylic Paint
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge, paper adhesive, hot glue gun
- scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers
- 1. Paint frame Jamaican Sea; let dry. Trace frame, including opening, onto back of floral paper; cut out.
- 2. Adhere mirror to front of frame with glue gun.
- 3. Use rotary cutter and straight blade to cut two 3/4"x12" strips from aqua cardstock. Use scalloped blade to cut each strip in half lengthwise. Cut strips to fit around mirror, overlapping ends at each corner; adhere strips with paper adhesive.
- 4. Die cut flower from orange felt. Snip center of flower with scissors; insert pearl brad.
- 5. Cut bird-and-cloud motif from patterned paper. Adhere cut-out, flowers, and sticker to corner of frame. Adhere rhinestones to several flower centers on frame.
- 6. Print sentiment in word bubble using word-processing software. Adhere bubble to top of frame.
- 7. Adhere magnets to back of frame with hot glue gun.
- 1. To create a coordinating locker caddy, cover a recycled soup can with paper. Add an embellishment or two, and place a strong magnet on one side. Caddy is perfect for a small hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, or pens and pencils.