ABC Primer Altered Box & Album
sizes: box, 5-1/4"x5-1/4"x2"; album, 4-3/4"x4-3/4"
- Graphic 45 Kraftboard Altered Art Box with Album, 5”x5”
- Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock: Dotted Swiss Sandbox, Orange Peel Black
- Graphic 45 An ABC Primer Collection 8”x8” Paper Pad
- Assorted coordinating brads
- Chipboard Die Cuts: Graphic 45 An ABC Primer Collection Chipboard Die Cuts 1, 2; Imaginarium Designs 3” Clock, Girl and Boy Silhouettes
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Artist Brushes
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Ink Blending Tool & Foam, Heatit Craft Tool
- Postage stamp-edge scissors
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Wild Honey, Black Soot, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Embossing Ink
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo Stain
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Charcoal Black Semi-Gloss Acrylic Paint
- Ranger Antiquities Rust Embossing Powder
- Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue: Lime Green, Baby Blue, Yellow, Patina, Xmas Red
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, 3M Scotch Brand ATG Gun and 1/4” Tape, Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Use blending tool and foam to apply Distress Inks, except Black Soot, to all surfaces of box and album. Apply Vintage Photo stain to center box compartment; let dry.
- 2. Cut rulers from An ABC Primer paper. Trim to fit around box front, mitering corners; ink edges Black Soot. Adhere rulers to box.
- 3. Cut children image from Happy Go Lucky paper to fit inner box flap (behind front cover). Ink edges Vintage Photo and Black Soot; adhere to flap.
- 4. Select several children silhouettes and chipboard numbers. Paint chipboard black; let dry. Follow manufacturer's instructions to cover each piece with Glossy Accents; let dry. Adhere child with book to box front.
- 5. Cut two flash card sections to fit box sides, two different paper strips to fit top and bottom, and paper square to fit box back. Ink edges and adhere to box.
- 6. Cut and tear background paper for center compartment as shown in "front" view. Ink edges and adhere to box. Detail cut child image and two flash cards; adhere to box.
- 7. Use stamp scissors to cut two Grammar School paper strips to fit inner spines of box. Adhere strips to black cardstock; cut out again with stamp scissors, leaving narrow black border. Adhere strips to box. Highlight images with glitter glues; let dry. Cut panel from back of Happy Go Lucky paper to fit right flap; ink edges and adhere to box.
- 8. Use photo as guide to decorate front and back of album. Each album page background is cut from different paper.
- 9. For fourth panel on album front, stain chipboard clock Vintage Photo; let dry. Apply embossing ink over surface and heat emboss with Rust powder. Adhere to album.
- 10. Cut smaller Sandbox cardstock panels for photos; ink embossed surface and edges Tea Dye. Mat panels on larger black panels. Embellish with numbers, silhouettes, and chipboard die-cut tags, adding brads to some tags.
- 1. Themed paper collections are the ideal choice for altered-art projects like this. Beautiful papers and a few embellishments make it fast, easy, and great for giving.