Pattern - Farmer's Market Appliqué Tote
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut two 6-1/4"x9" yellow-beige and two 7-1/4"x10" dusty rose felt rectangles. Cut leaf and vegetable shapes from felt. Arrange cut shapes on yellow-beige panel using Placement Diagram on patterns; pin in place.
- 2. Using two strands of floss, backstitch around edges of shapes as follows: 3853 Autumn Gold-DK on large carrot, 920 Copper-MD on small carrot, 815 Garnet-MD on large beet, 3834 Grape-DK on medium and small beets, 733 Olive Green-MD on zucchini, 898 Coffee Brown-VY DK on mushrooms, 815 Garnet-MD on spinach leaves, 580 Moss Green-DK on peas.
- 3. Backstitch details as follows: 920 Copper-MD on large carrot, 3853 Autumn Gold-DK on small carrot, 3834 Grape-DK and 815 Garnet-MD on large and medium beets, 3834 Grape-DK on small beet and spinach leaves, 733 Olive Green-MD and 580 Moss Green-DK on zucchini, 580 Moss Green-DK on peas, 680 Old Gold-DK on background swirls.
- 4. Satin stitch carrot tops and backstitch carrot stems 580 Moss Green-DK. Straight stitch carrot leaves 733 Olive Green-MD. Satin stitch beet tops and split stitch beet stems 520 Fern Green-DK. Backstitch zucchini vine 580 Moss Green-DK. Straight stitch details and add French knots on mushrooms 898 Coffee Brown-VY DK. Backstitch spinach stems 3834 Grape-DK.
- 5. Pin stitched panel to dusty rose panel; use running stitch and 520 Fern Green around edges. Pin panel to tote; use running stitch and 3834 Grape-DK around edges.