Pattern - Nativity Pillow
- 1. Cut 11-1/2" square from blue fabric, and two 2"x11-1/2" strips and two 2"x14-1/2" strips from brown fabric.
- 2. Sew short brown strips to sides, and long brown strips to top and bottom of blue square.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Cut: star and 1-1/2" halo circle from gold felt; Mary's dress from lt. blue felt; heart from pink/red felt; baby's blanket from white felt; manger from brown felt.
- 4. Glue felt pieces to blue fabric square, following pattern, placing star above and to the left of Mary. (Note: Design should be even with bottom edge of blue fabric and centered from side to side.)
- 5. Use one strand pearl cotton to blanket stitch around outside edges of felt pieces, except star and halo. Use three strands of yellow floss to blanket stitch around outside edges of halo and star. (Note: Halo stitches should go around baby's head and star stitches should point outward.)
- 6. Use pearl cotton to sew gold buttons to blue fabric around Mary. Use three strands yellow floss to blanket stitch around buttons with stitches pointing outward. Use black pearl cotton to sew pink/red button to center of heart and sew brown button to center of manger legs.
- 7. Cut 14-1/2" square from blue fabric for pillow back. Sew pillow front to back, leaving 12" opening at bottom for turning. Trim seam at corners. Turn pillow right side out through opening. Insert pillow form; hand sew opening closed.
- 1. Cut bottom of Mary's head and headdress, and baby's blanket along dashed pattern lines, Use small dab of glue under felt to attach appliqué pieces temporarily until they are embroidered. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 1/4" seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed.