Pattern - So Soft Felt Bunny
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut two body pieces from brown felt; pin wrong sides together. Machine-sew using small seam, leaving bottom edge open. Turn right side out; stuff with fiberfill.
- 2. Cut four leg pieces from brown felt; in pairs, pin wrong sides together. Machine-sew and stuff as in Step 1. Hand-sew legs to bottom of body. (Note: Joints will be hidden later.)
- 3. Repeat Step 2 for arm pieces; hand-sew to sides of body.
- 4. Cut two ears from brown felt and plaid fabric; pin into fabric/felt pairs with wrong sides together. Machine-sew with small seam leaving small opening. Turn right side out and sew to head.
- 5. Fold striped fabric; press. Align knickerbocker pattern to fold as indicated; cut out two. Hem top and bottom of both pieces. Add lace trim to bottom. Pin wrong sides together; machine-sew around edges. Turn right side out.
- 6. Cut 14"x4-1/3" dotted fabric panel. Hem long edges. Join short edges, with right sides together, and machine-sew to create skirt. Cut 1-1/2"x1-3/4" dotted fabric panel; fold in half with wrong sides together. Machine-sew both short sides and one long side. Turn right side out. Pin panel centered on skirt; allowing bib to stick up approximately 1" from skirt top. Machine-sew in place.
- 7. Cut two 1-1/2"x3" dotted fabric strips. Fold one strip in half lengthwise; press. Unfold, then refold lengthwise with raw edges to crease. Fold in half again to make 3/8"x3" strip. Machine topstitch along open edge to make strap. Repeat with second strip.
- 8. Machine-sew strap ends to bib top; hand-sew buttons to cover stitching. Position dress on rabbit. Gather dress sides slightly to fit; pin tucks. Remove from rabbit; hand-sew tucks in place. Machine-sew straps to back waistline of skirt. Place dress on rabbit.
- 9. Satin stitch nose and eyes on rabbit using brown floss.
- 10. Hand-sew bows to top of ears.
- 11. For a more vibrant bunny, change the color of the body or clothes.