- Click-n-Craft: Sweet Roses CD-Rom; White Cotton Poplin Fabric Sheet for Inkjet Printer
- Natural cotton fabric, 5”x7”, two
- White cardstock
- Ribbon, 5/8”: lt. blue, yellow, or pink
- Embroidery floss: lt. blue, yellow, or pink
- Lt. green craft thread
- Scented rose petals or any type of sachet
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and off-white thread
- Rubber band
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- Computer and printer
- 1. Machine sew zigzag stitch around edges of fabric rectangles to prevent unraveling.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to print rose design on fabric sheet; trim to 3" circle. Remove paper backing.
- 3. Pin rose circle to one fabric rectangle. (Note: Bottom edge of circle should be 1" from bottom edge of rectangle and design should be centered from side to side.) Use three strands of floss to feather stitch around circle close to edge.
- 4. Pin fabric rectangles together with right sides facing out. Use straight stitch to sew 1/4" from side and bottom edges, leaving one short side open at top.
- 5. Fill bag with sachet. Wrap rubber band tightly around bag, 1-1/2" from top. Tie ribbon bow around rubber band.
- 6. Print desired message on white cardstock; trim tag shape. Punch hole in tag. Insert craft thread through hole in tag and ribbon bow. Knot thread ends together.
- 1. Invite the girls over to make these lovely sachets. Include pre-printed roses in kits for easier assembly.
- Beautiful Blends
- 1. To create sachets to suit other moods, from calming to uplifting, simply substitute different herbs and essences. Choose complementary fabrics and trims.
- 2. Relaxing Lavender Sachet: For a calming sachet, fill with dried lavender.
- 3. Cozy Clove Sachet: To make a rich sachet for fall, blend clove bud essential oil, cinnamon essential oil, and calendula petals.
- 4. Energizing Mint Sachet: For a refreshing sachet, mix peppermint essential oil, grapefruit essential oil, and peppermint leaves.