Pattern - Plush Stegosaurus
- 1. Wash, dry, and iron flannels before beginning. Unless otherwise noted, sew all seams with 1/2" seam allowance.
- 1. Print out patterns. Align marked pieces as indicated on patterns; tape in place. Cut out templates.
- 2. Fold Fabric A in half, with right sides together. Trace body template onto double layer of fabric. Cut out both layers at same time.
- 3. Trace belly template onto wrong side of Fabric B; cut out. Trace leg template onto Fabric B four times; cut out. Trace plate template onto felt three times; cut out, trimming any marks off felt.
- 4. Baste plates to upper edge of one body piece against right side between asterisks on pattern with 1/4" seam allowance. See Figure 1.
- 5. With right sides together, machine-sew body pieces together between notches. See Figure 2. Machine-sew tail end closed 1/2" from tip toward top and bottom. Backstitch at beginning and end of seams.
- 6. With right sides together and notches aligned, machine-sew legs to belly. See Figure 3.
- 7. Pin belly and legs to bottom of leg pieces. Align and pin legs, then neck and tail, then space between legs. (Note: Trim any excess fabric away before sewing.) Machine-sew belly and legs to body with one seam for left side and one for right side. Clip corners and curves. Turn stegosaurus right side out.
- 8. Fill stegosaurus feet half full with filling material of choice. Tightly pack remaining area with fiberfill stuffing. (Note: Being full helps the dinosaur stand up straight.)
- 9. Hand-sew opening on stegosaurus' back closed using whipstitch.
- 10. Attach small buttons for eyes to either side of stegosaurus' head using needle and thread.
- 1. To make your dinosaurs safe for small children, embroider the eyes instead of using buttons.