Pattern - "Love You Forever" Tree Trunk Bolster
- 1. Wash, dry, and iron fabrics before beginning. Unless otherwise noted, sew all seams with 1/2" seam allowance.
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut out pieces; tape two log end halves together to form circle.
- 2. Cut out two log end pieces from Green Wood fabric; set aside.
- 3. Cut 17"x23-1/4" panel from Brown Wood fabric. (Note: The fabric's wood grain lines should run parallel to short side.) Trace heart on right side as shown, centered between top and bottom and at least 3" from fabric edge. See Figure 1.
- 4. Sketch short love note or initials inside heart with marker. Embroider design using chain stitch.
- 5. Sew short ends of brown panel together, with right sides facing, leaving gap for zipper. Turn tube right side out.
- 6. Pin zipper in place. Sew down each side of zipper with open zipper laid over sewing machine base, beginning and ending 2" from zipper ends. See Seam 1/Figure 2. Close zipper and sew around ends with open end of log tube laid over sewing machine base. See Seam 2/Figure 2. Turn tube inside out; open zipper.
- 7. Pin Green Wood log ends in place, with right sides together, at each end of wood tube, gathering fabric slightly. Keep pins perpendicular to fabric edges. Machine-sew around edges.
- 8. Turn pillow right side out. Insert pillow form and zip closed.