Pattern - Turkey Centerpiece
- 1. Basecoat pot (except inside) Buttermilk; let dry. Apply one coat crackling medium; let dry. Apply one coat Soft Black on top of Crackling Medium. Dry brush pot edges Oxblood.
- 2. Tea dye sock (body) and gardening gloves (tail feathers). Let dry. Lightly stuff fingers and glove palm. Use pearl cotton to sew brown buttons to tail feathers.
- 3. Cut sock 9" from toe. Firmly stuff toe end. Wrap cord tightly around sock, 2" from toe and knot to make indentation under head.
- 4. Use pearl cotton to sew white buttons to face, going though stuffing to back of head, for eyes.
- 5. Print and cut out patterns. Cut materials as indicated. Fold beak in half. Sew folded edge of beak to head under eyes, using running stitch and pearl cotton. Sew snaps to top of beak with white thread for nostrils. Place waddle shapes together and sew a running stitch vertically through center. Open up waddle so that all four sections are separated. Sew top of waddle to head under beak.
- 6. Tie black ribbon bow. Sew bow and gold button to left front side of neck.
- 7. Use photo as guide to arrange and glue turkey tail feathers and body in pot.
- 8. For tag, sand vintage paper edges. Glue image to card stock tag shape that is slightly larger than image. Antique tag edges. Machine sew straight stitch around tag edges. Punch hole in tag; attach eyelet. Thread stripe ribbon through eyelet; wrap around clay pot and knot.