Ribbon-Embellished Apron & Dishtowel
- White chef apron
- White dishtowel
- Plaid ribbon, 1-1/2”, 5 yds.
- Sewing machine and matching threads
- Straight pins
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Use ruler and pencil to lightly draw horizontal line across apron front, 2-3/4" down from top edge. Draw five more lines, 6-1/2" apart, under first line.
- 2. Pin five ribbon lengths to apron so top edges of ribbon follow pencil lines. Turn ribbon ends under at side edges of apron. Sew ribbon to apron close to finished and turned edges, removing pins as you sew.
- 1. Use ruler and pencil to lightly draw horizontal line across towel front 4" up from bottom edge.
- 2. Pin a ribbon length to towel so top edge of ribbon follows pencil line. Turn ends of ribbon under at side edges of towel. Sew ribbon to towel close to finished and turned edges. Remove pins as you sew.