Pattern - Heavenly Angel Ornament
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut two ornament shapes from blue dot fabric. Cut pieces from iron-on adhesive slightly larger than face, hair, gown and wing shapes. (Note: Wings are cut in one piece.) Adhere adhesive pieces to backs of appropriate fabrics. Cut out shapes from adhesive-backed fabrics, extending top and bottom of head 1/4" from edges of pattern along hair and neck lines. (Note: Edges are overlapped by hair and gown pieces.)
- 2. Place appliqué pieces on front of one of the blue dot ornament shapes, following pattern and fuse. Using silver thread, machine sew a tiny machine straight stitch around appliqué pieces close to outside edges.
- 3. Transfer eyes and hair lines to face. Use one strand of black floss to back stitch eyelids, straight stitch lashes, and use lazy daisy stitches for hair strands.
- 4. Cut a 2-1/4" length from ribbon. Fold raw edges under 1/4" and glue. Glue ribbon piece angled across hair for halo. Machine sew over ribbon to secure. Tie an additional piece of silver ribbon into tiny bow and stitch to left side of halo.
- 5. Use white thread to sew pearl beads along neck edge.
- 6. Cut an ornament shape from cotton batting. Baste batting shape to wrong side of front ornament shape. Sew rickrack around side and bottom edges of front ornament shape. (Note: Sew through center of rickrack 1/4" from edges.) Sew remaining ornament shape to front shape with right sides together, along rickrack stitching. Trim corners and turn right side out.
- 7. Turn top raw edges of ornament toward inside 1/4" and whip stitch closed. Fold top of ornament over 1/2" to back side. Whip stitch top of ornament to back side to create a casing.
- 8. Insert wire through casing on ornament and bend ends into curls. Open up wire at ends of wire/bead chain and bend around wire on both sides of ornament.
- 9. Sew chandelier crystal to bottom tip of ornament. Glue crystal to center of bow on halo.