Pattern - Vintage~Modern: Tea Towels
- 1. Measure towel length and add desired width adding measurement. Cut a piece of Steam-A-Seam 2 the same measurement as the cut fabric, and follow manufacturer's instructions to iron in place. This will be the fabric strips at bottom edge of towel.
- 2. Fold and press a 1/2" seam along top, bottom and sides of fabric strip. Remove film from Steam-A-Seam. Place wrong side of fabric onto bottom of towel and press with iron.
- 3. Machine sew fabric strip to towel along pressed seam edges. Pin rickrack or trim onto fabric strip and machine sew in place.
- 4. Apply Steam-A-Seam 2 to appliqué fabrics. Print and cut out patterns. Trace bird or flowers onto wrong side of fabric and cut out with scissors. Remove film and arrange shapes onto front of towel, and press with iron. Machine sew zigzag stitches around each appliqué piece.
- 5. Use three strands of floss to embroider lazy daisy stitched flowers onto towel.
- 6. Sew vintage fabric and buttons to towel.