The Dow Chemical Co.
size: approx. 7"-9" tall, including stem
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls: 5”, 6”
- Coordinating orange plaid shirts, two
- Pumpkin stems, two
- Wooden bamboo skewer
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- serrated knife, wax candle, scissors, straight pins, butter knife
- 1. Run serrated knife across wax candle. Trim off top of foam ball to form pumpkin shape. Gently and evenly press down on ball to flatten bottom.
- 2. Using skewer, form grooves from top to bottom of pumpkin. Make section widths irregular to resemble real pumpkins.
- 3. Cut one plaid shirt apart along seams. Working one section at a time, cut out material pieces from shirt to fit pumpkin sections. Using butter knife, press material into grooves; secure with pins hidden deep in grooves. Continue, covering all pumpkin sections. (Note: Keep plaid pattern vertical on all sections.)
- 4. Hot glue pumpkin stem to top of pumpkin.
- 5. Repeat Steps 1-4 with second foam ball and shirt.
- 1. Pumpkin stems are easy to find at your local garden center, nursery, or pumpkin farm. They are also available online.