Pattern - Merry Burlap Pillows
- 1. Cut two 19"x19" rectangles and two 14"x17" rectangles from burlap.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse wool felt to fusible webbing. Print and cut out patterns. For Noel pillow, cut six berries from red felt three large leaves from Grass Skirt felt, large leaf from Sea Grass felt and one small leaf from Sea Grass felt. For Santa pillow, cut face from Oatmeal felt, eyes from Black felt, nose and hat from Cottage Red felt and remaining patterns from White.
- 3. Place patterns on burlap square or rectangle and fuse in place, using photo as placement guide. Blanket stitch edges of all patterns and backstitch all leaf details. For Noel pillow, use Dark Green Gray floss for berries and leaves. For Santa pillow, use black floss for all patterns.
- 4. Stamp "Jolly" on Santa pillow and "noel" on holly pillow, mixing lowercase and uppercase letters. Heat set ink with iron.
- 5. With right sides of corresponding burlap pieces together, use 1/2" seam allowance to sew together, leaving one side open for turning. Turn right side out and insert pillow foam. Hand sew opening closed.