Pattern - Elegant Snowflake Stocking
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Fold fabric and cut two Stocking pieces each from velvet and lining.
- 2. Transfer snowflake pattern onto wrong side of velvet stocking front. (Note: When copying pattern, make sure marks do not transfer onto white ribbon as it is pulled through fabric.)
- 3. Cut four 16" lengths from ribbon. Following template, use chenille needle to embroider snowflake, making sure ribbon is flat on front of stocking.
- 4. Attach large pearl in center and medium and small pearls as indicated on template.
- 5. With right sides together, sew front and back stocking pieces together, using a 1/2" seam allowance and leaving top edges open. Trim seams. Repeat with lining, using a 5/8" seam allowance. Turn velvet stocking right side out.
- 6. Fold right sides of fur together, and sew 1/2" seam on short end forming a tube. Place tub in stocking so wrong sides overlap by 3/4". Sew 3/8" from edge of stocking.
- 7. With stocking lining, iron 1/2" to wrong side along top. Keeping fur in place, insert lining in stocking so wrong sides are together matching side seams. Cut a 5" ribbon length and fold in half. Insert cut ribbon ends 1/2" between lining and fur on heel side of stocking for hanger. Top stitch lining onto stocking. Fold fur cuff down.