- Cotton fabric, 1 yd.
- National Nonwovens Mediterranean Mist WoolFelt, 12”x12”
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! Accents Silver Clay
- Sewing machine and thread
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Cool White, Buttermilk
- DecoArt: Dazzling Metallics Elegant Finish; Americana Duraclear Satin Varnish
- Martha Stewart Crafts Frame & Flourishes Silicone Molds
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Paintbrushes: Golden Taklon Series 7000C Round #1, 4, 6; Series 7300C Shader #2
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin, parchment-lined baking sheet, and oven
- scissors, craft knife, iron and ironing board, newspaper (to cover work surface), plastic straw, measuring tape, needle and thread
Pattern - Classic Apron
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package and condition in hands until pliable. Roll Silver clay on parchment-lined baking sheet. Push small amount of clay into mold and smooth excess from back of mold. Pop shape out of mold carefully; use plastic straw to poke two holes on center (for buttonholes). Repeat process to create another button. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake buttons in oven. Let cool.
- 2. On covered work surface, mix (1:1) mixture Cool White + Buttermilk. Paint entire button white mixture using #4 round. Let dry. Drybrush Elegant Finish on button edges and lightly over center using #2 shader. Use #1 round to paint grooves Elegant Finish. Let dry. Apply varnish over all areas of button using #6 round. Let dry.
- 3. From fabric, cut: 17"x44" (skirt); two 13"x17" (bodice); two 5"x22" (waistband); two 5"x22" (neck ties).
- 4. Make neck straps by folding, with right sides together, lengthwise and stitching one end and side selvage. Clip corner and turn right side out. Press. Repeat with other neck strap.
- 5. Print out patterns. Mark dart placement on bodice pieces using pattern. (Note: The 17" sides are the top and the bottom of the bodice.) Stitch darts. Press. Align selvage end of neck straps to top selvages of bodice. Measure 1/2" from side edge and pin straps in place. (Note: The strap will be against the right side of the fabric and be hanging down from the top). Position right sides together of both bodice pieces and stitch sides and top of bodice. Clip corners and turn right side out. Press. Press raw selvages under 1/2". Set aside.
- 6. Make skirt by baste stitching two rows across top edge of skirt (on longer edge) and pulling bottom threads to gather. Put gathered edge of skirt inside pressed opening of bodice bottom edge. Stitch opening closed securing skirt in place.
- 7. Make waistband by stitching two waistband pieces end to end on 5" side. Press seam open. With right sides together, match selvages and stitch both ends and sides, leaving 3" opening in center. Clip corners and turn right side out. Press. Press selvages under 1/2". Stitch opening closed.
- 8. Position waistband on top of skirt seam of apron. Pin. Stitch side of waistband to side of bodice only. Press well.
- 9. For flowers, cut 12"x1" Mediterranean Mist felt strips. Press lengthwise. Using needle and thread, roll up one end and twist every 1", securing each layer upon itself until desired flower size is achieved. Hand sew flowers on skirt with clay button on centers.