Pattern - "Swim like a Fish" Poolside Towel
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse interfacing to wrong side of print fabric scraps.
- 2. Print out patterns. Trace patterns onto interfacing side of fused-fabric scraps; cut out patterns.
- 3. Arrange fish patterns on towel. Pin in place. Use zigzag stitch to sew around edges of each piece. Trim thread ends. Zigzag stitch water bubbles above fish. Trim thread ends.
- 4. For handle, cut 3"x9" rectangle from scrap fabric. Press short ends under 1/2". Press long edges under 1/2". Fold rectangle in half lengthwise, matching edges. Stitch around rectangle 1/8" from edges. Trim thread ends.
- 5. Find top center of towel by folding it in half. Use pin to mark center. Place ends of handle 1" out from either side of center mark. (Note: Let handle ends overlap towel 1".) Stitch square on ends of handle to secure.
- 1. Raid your fabric stash for brightly-colored print scraps that are relatively no-cost to you.