Fiskars Fuse Creativity System Starter Set and Medium Design Scalloped Square
Black ink pad
scissors, rotary cutter, ruler
1. Cut all print fabric, light purple fabric, backing fabric, and fleece into 4-1/2" strips using ruler and rotary cutter. See Photo 1.
2. Use Scalloped Square die and die-cut machine to cut total of 48 squares from print and solid fabric strips. Repeat, cutting 48 squares each from backing fabric and fleece. (Note: When using die-cut machine, eight layers of cotton fabric or eight layers of fleece fabric can be cut at one time.)
3. Position swirl letter press plate (from Scalloped Square die) into die and position die in lid; ink die. Remove die from lid. Position die in die-cut machine with one layer of light purple fabric. Run fabric through machine. Continue process, re-applying ink between each run. See Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, and Photo 5.
4. Create scalloped square sandwich by stacking print or stamped purple fabric, fleece, and backing fabric blocks together. Machine-sew diagonally across sandwiched fabric from corner to corner; repeat sewing, creating "X". See Photo 6.
5. Position scallop squares in desired pattern on work surface. With wrong sides facing, sew two blocks together 1/4" from edge of scallop. Continue process, sewing blocks together in rows of four.
6. With wrong sides facing, assemble table runner by sewing rows of four together. Trim thread ends.
7. To finish, sew 1/4" from edge around all sides of runner.
1. Using transparent thread as a top thread when quilting the pieces will keep your fabrics the focal point of your project.