Pattern - "God Bless America" Banner
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse fusible webbing onto navy blue and patriotic print fabrics. Remove paper backing and fuse navy blue fabric onto muslin fabric (to provide stability).
- 2. Print out patterns onto scrap cardstock. Trace and cut out patterns from fused fabric and white glitter cardstock.
- 3. Die cut letters from red cardstock to spell "GOD BLESS AMERICA" using alphabet die and machine.
- 4. To assemble banner, follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse fabric bands on each navy blue flag using iron. Adhere star onto center of each fabric band using fabric glue. Adhere die-cut letter onto center of each star using fabric glue. Let dry.
- 5. Fold over top of each flag at line marked on pattern; press to crease. Adhere completed flags onto cord using fabric glue, allowing flags to slide along cord length.
- 6. Tear 3"x1" strips from fabric scraps. Tie torn fabric strips between words onto cording.
- 7. Measure and cut two 3"x16" strips from patriotic-print fabric. Tie each strip on end of cording; shape into bow.
- 1. Substitute adhesive-back craft foam letters if die-cut machine is not available.