- Cotton lace, 3/4 yd.
- Cotton twill tape, 1/4 yd.
- Rhinestone button
- Yellow ribbon, 1/8 yd.
- Metal pin back
- Sewing needle and matching thread
- Fabric dyes: pink, bright green
- Adhesives: hot glue gun and sticks, fabric glue
- scissors, plastic bowl, mixing spoon, iron and pressing surface, plastic tablecloth or newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Wet cotton lace with water. On covered work surface, follow manufacturer's instructions to mix pink dye in plastic bowl. Fill bowl with 1/4" of dye; set lace point side down into bowl. (Note: Lace will absorb dye; add more dye as needed.) Let lace set in dye until desired color intensity is achieved. Remove lace; rinse and wash as directed. Repeat process with twill tape using bright green dye.
- 2. Iron pink lace and green twill tape flat. Trim lace to form curved petal shapes.
- 3. Baste stitch along edge of yellow ribbon, pull tight to gather. Center under button and hot glue in place.
- 4. Baste and gather lace into desired two layer flower shape. Adhere to center piece with hot glue.
- 5. Create leaves by folding twill tape into two looped shapes. Hot glue in place on one side of flower.
- 6. Adhere pin back onto back of flower using hot glue.
- 1. To prevent fraying, apply fabric glue onto lace prior to trimming.