Pattern - Floral Heart Pillow
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions for machine dyeing Straw felt Tan. To dye felt, fill washer with hot water; add one half package of dye. Once dye dissolves, add felt. Let felt soak five minutes, then complete spin cycle. Place felt in dryer. (Note: Felt will have a bumpy texture when dry.)
- 2. Print out patterns. Cut patterns from felt as indicated. Punch holes 1/8" from scalloped edges on heart. Cut fabric as follows: 12" square from floral (center block); two 2-1/2"x12" rectangles (top/bottom border) from pink floral; two 2-1/2"x16-1/2" rectangles (border sides) from mauve stripe; 16-1/2" square (backing) from floral.
- 3. Fill five cups with hot water. Add 1/4 tsp. of each dye color (except Tan) to cups. Dye felt cut-outs as follows: two posies Mauve, two posies Evening Blue, daisy petals Golden Yellow, four pansy petals Purple, remaining pansy petals Peach. (Note: For lighter shades, briefly dip fabric into dye, remove, and squeeze out excess water.)
- 4. (Note: Sew with right sides together with 1/4" seams, pinning and pressing as needed.) Sew top/bottom borders to center block. Sew border sides to center block. Sew pillow front to back, leaving 3" opening for turning. Clip curves; turn right side out. Stuff pillow with fiberfill stuffing; slip stitch opening closed.
- 5. Adhere heart to pillow center, and flowers and leaves to heart as shown. Sew gathering stitch around edges of flower centers. Lightly stuff flower centers with fiberfill and pull up gathers tightly; knot and clip thread.
- 6. Adhere centers to flowers. Sew or adhere beads to heart and flowers as shown. Tie bow from ribbon; adhere to heart. Sew pink and white button onto each corner as shown.
- 1. Use Rit Liquid Dye to dip-dye felt by mixing dye and water in plastic container. Submerge felt in dye mixture and let set.