God’s Eye Design
God's Eye Design
- White cotton t-shirts, four
- Tulip 1-step Fashion Dyes: Yellow, Orange, Fuchsia, Turquoise
- Wooden dowels, two 16” lengths
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Washing machine and dryer
- Plastic trash bag (to cover work surface)
- 1. Cover work surface with plastic bag. Dampen shirts in cold water; spin dry. Position shirts on work surface. Crumple and scrunch shirts.
- 2. Wearing gloves, follow manufacturer's instructions to mix dyes in plastic bottles. Squeeze dye on shirt. Repeat for all colors so four shirts are dyed. Let set 4-6 hours.
- 3. Wash shirts separately in washing machine. Dry and smooth shirts flat on work surface.
- 4. Use scissors to cut hems from shirts. Cut across each shirt under sleeves.
- 5. Measure and cut 1/2"-wide continuous strip in each shirt, forming long strips of Yellow, Orange, Fuchsia, and Turquoise fabric.
- 6. Position dowels into "+" shape. Use Yellow strip to tie dowels together at center of "+" shape. Knot ends.
- 7. Using photo as guide or creating your own design, wrap t-shirt strips around dowels, going over and under dowels, positioning fabric close together. Spot glue ends. Repeat process for all t-shirt strips.
- 8. For bows, measure and cut four Yellow and four Fuchsia 6"-long lengths of t-shirt fabric. Tie strips into bows on dowel ends.
- 9. For hanger, spot glue Turquoise t-shirt hem around top dowel; knot ends together.
- 1. Adults, help kids when using dyes, washing machine & dryer.