Pattern - Fresh-Cut Flowers Pocket
- 1. With right sides facing and raw edges even, use 1/8" seam allowance to machine stitch one 1-1/4"-wide cotton fabric strip to each 6-3/4" linen rectangle (for top edge). Press well with iron.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply fusible webbing to four scraps of fabric (for stem, leaves, and poppy circles). Print out patterns. Trace and cut pattern pieces from fused fabric.
- 3. Remove backing from fused patterns; fuse onto linen scraps. Cut around each pattern piece 1/8" from edge, creating linen border.
- 4. Referring to photo, center flower, stem, and leaves onto one linen panel from Step 1. Machine topstitch around each flower, stem, and leaf.
- 5. Use needle and thread to sew button onto center of flower.
- 6. With right sides facing and using 1/4" seam allowance, machine stitch linen panels together. Trim corners and turn right side out. Press with iron.
- 7. Fold 1-1/2"-wide linen strip in half lengthwise with right sides facing. Using 1/8" seam allowance, machine stitch long side on raw edge. Turn right side out. Press with iron. Using fabric glue, adhere each end of strip to inside of bag.
- 1. Wrap flower ends in plastic wrap with damp paper towel to keep flowers hydrated when gifting to a friend or neighbor.