Pattern - Floral Heart Ring Pillow
- 1. Cut two 12"x13" rectangles from satin fabric. Print out pattern. Center pattern face down on wrong side of one fabric rectangle. Tape fabric, right side up, to light box or sunny window; use mechanical pencil to trace pattern. (Note: Inner heart line is seam allowance; do not trace.) Circles on pattern represent French knots; use very small dashes when tracing pattern onto fabric to ensure knot will cover pencil mark. (Note: Mechanical pencil draws much thinner lines than traditional pencil; floss must cover pattern lines.)
- 2. Sew zigzag stitch around raw edges of fabric to prevent raveling. Baste heart outline. Place fabric in embroidery hoop.
- 3. (Note: For all embroidery, use two strands floss and #24 tapestry needle. Use #22 needle for silk ribbon leaves.) Stem stitch Pistachio Green Vy Lt vines. Use silk ribbon to stitch lazy daisy leaves. For flower petals, wrap floss three times around needle to stitch Delft Blue French knots on solid circles, stitch Lavender Lt French knots on open circles. For flower centers, wrap floss two times around needle to stitch Yellow Lt Pale French knots.
- 4. To make pillow form, trace two hearts onto muslin; cut out hearts 1/4" beyond traced line. (Note: Sew with right sides together with 1/4" seams throughout.) Sew pieces together, leaving 4" opening on one side. Clip curves; turn right side out. Stuff with fiberfill. Whipstitch opening closed. Set aside.
- 5. Sew satin pieces together, 1/4" inside basted line, leaving 4-1/2" opening on one side. Clip curves; turn. Carefully press as needed.
- 6. Sew center of sheer ribbon length to center of embroidered pillow front. Place pillow form inside pillow; whipstitch opening closed.
- 7. Beginning at center top and using photo as guide, sew lace to pillow edge with scallops toward embroidered center. Tie rings onto ribbon.
- Other Options
- 1. Use white or off-white floss and silk ribbon on white or pastel satin pillow.
- 2. Replace French knot flower centers with seed beads.
- 3. Stitch flower/vine design on bouquet ribbons.
- Lasy Daisy Stitch Using Ribbon
- 1. To create the Lasy Daisy stitch using ribbon, bring needle up at A. Keep ribbon flat, untwisted, and full. Insert needle down through fabric at B and back up through at C, keeping ribbon under needle to form a loop. Pull ribbon through, leaving loop loose and full. To hold loop in place, insert needle through on other side of ribbon near C, forming a straight stitch over loop
Lasy Daisy Stitch