size: 18"x36" (without container)
- FloraCraft Make it: Fun Foam: Cube, 5”x5”; Ball, 4”
- Decorative mesh: black, white
- Wooden dowel, 5/8” diameter, 18” length
- Witch’s hat, 9”
- Sheer ribbon: black, 1-1/2”-wide; orange, 1/2”-wide
- Large urn or other container
- Floral pins
- Heat tool
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
- 1. Cut two 10" lengths from white mesh. Place mesh lengths together and center over top of foam ball. Wrap mesh tightly down around ball, securing ends with floral pins. See Photo 1.
- 2. Carefully use heat tool to "shrink" mesh around ball. Do not hold heat tool too close or mesh will melt. (Note: Heat will shrink and tighten mesh around foam.) See Photo 2.
- 3. Insert end of dowel 2" into base of ball. Remove dowel, apply glue to end, and reinsert into hole.
- 4. Adhere foam cube into base of urn.
- 5. Cut three 2-yd. lengths from white mesh. Tightly tie each length around dowel at bottom of ball. See Photo 3. Pull all mesh ends towards front of dowel for dress.
- 6. Cut three 2-1/2-yd. lengths from black mesh. Tightly tie each length around dowel. See Photo 4. Pull ends towards back of dowel for cape.
- 7. Apply glue to bottom of dowel and insert into foam cube in container.
- 8. Tie black ribbon into bow around neck. Adhere hat to head. Adhere two strips of orange ribbon around hat crown.
- 9. Fill top of urn with white mesh to cover cube.
- 1. To add a bit more color to this project, create dress from purple, orange, or green mesh.