1. Use rotary cutter and mat to cut two 13"x17" rectangles from burlap.
2. Use computer and photo-editing software to type "journey," "hope," and "faith" in font of choice. Make sure letters are flipped horizontally and sized appropriately before printing. (Note: Designer used Microsoft Paint to type letters in Times New Roman font and inserted as image into Word document. Image was flipped horizontally and resized to fit pillow.)
3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to print images on t-shirt transfer paper using inkjet printer. Cut out words with scissors leaving 1/4" border around all sides. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse words onto one burlap rectangle using iron and photo as guide. Peel away backing paper when cool.
4. Cut 7" ribbon length. Fork ends with scissors. Form ribbon into folded shape as shown. Thread sewing needle with thread; hand-sew ribbon center onto pillow. Attach button on center of ribbon. Knot and clip thread ends.
5. Place burlap rectangles with right sides together. Hand-sew along edges with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving bottom edge open. Turn right side out. Insert pillow form. Whipstitch bottom edge closed using needle and thread. Knot and clip thread ends.
1. Personalize with recipient's name and gift as a support present for treatments or doctor's visits.