Pink/white or green/white print ribbon, 8” lengths, two
Tulip Cool Color Spray: Tangerine or Lemon Peel
Aleene’s Thick Designer Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, newspaper or plastic tablecloth (to cover work surface)
1. Cover work surface with newspaper or plastic tablecloth. Spray socks Tangerine or Lemon Peel. Let dry. Turn socks over and spray other side. Let dry.
2. Cut two oval shapes slightly smaller than bottom of sock from shelf liner. Adhere ovals onto each sock bottom.
3. For giraffe ears, cut two 2"x4" orange felt rectangles. For dog ears, cut two 3"x5" brown felt rectangles. Use scissors to round edges. Wrap pink or green ribbon around center of each rectangle; tie ends into bow. Adhere ears onto top of foot area.
4. For giraffe eyes, cut four 1" orange felt circles. For dog eyes, cut two 1" and two 1-3/8" brown felt circles. Adhere wiggle eyes onto felt circles and felt circles below ears on each sock.
5. For giraffe nose, adhere tiny black pom-poms onto bottom of sock area. For dog nose, adhere larger black pom-pom below eyes.
6. For giraffe cheeks, adhere three small pink pom-poms onto each side of face. For dog muzzle, adhere two large green pom-poms below nose.
7. On giraffe, adhere pink pom-poms onto ribbon ends and onto top of socks. On dog, adhere smaller green pom-poms onto top of socks.
1. Hand wash socks with mild detergent in cold water. Let hang dry. If pom-poms or felt pieces become loose, adhere using fabric glue or hand sew to secure.