Pattern - Floral Needle Case & Scissors Fob Chart
Pattern - Floral Needle Case & Scissors Fob Pattern
- Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Finished designs: needle case (opened), 7-1/2"x9-1/2"; scissors fob, 2-1/2"x3". Stitch count: needle case, 98 w x 122 h; scissors fob, 21 w x 19 h.
- Embroidered Design
- 1. Print cross-stitch chart and key.
- 2. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- Needle Case
- 1. Print out pattern. Center pattern on wrong side of finished design. Use disappearing pen to outline pattern on design. (Note: Make sure you have at least 1/2" border around cross-stitches.) Cut out design on drawn line. Repeat process on wool felt square.
- 2. With right sides together, sew wool felt and cross-stitch design together, with 1/2" seam, leaving small opening for turning. Trim seam; turn piece inside out and slip stitch opening closed.
- 3. On right side of design, starting at base of tab and using fold line as guide, sew seam. Use dotted lines on pattern as guide to sew three additional lines of stitching, dividing design into eight parts.
- 4. Attach metal snap at "x" indicated on pattern.
- Scissors Fob
- 1. Trim design piece to measure 3"x3". Cut 3"x3" wool felt square.
- 2. Cut two 28" ribbon lengths. Fold one length in quarters. With design piece and felt square right sides together, pin loose end of ribbon length between felt square and design piece at one point of fob, with bulk of ribbon towards center. Pin in place.
- 3. Cut remaining ribbon length in half; fold each half in half and insert folded end between felt square and design piece opposite other ribbon length, with bulk of ribbon length towards center. Pin in place.
- 4. Stitch pieces together with 1/2" seam, being careful not to catch ribbon, leaving small opening for turning. Trim seam, turn right side out, and fill with stuffing beads. Slip stitch opening closed. Tie ribbon into bow at base of fob.
- 1. Topstitching can be done by hand if sewing machine is not available.