- Aqua chenille fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Red polka dot fabric, 1/8 yd.
- Red gingham fabric, 1/4 yd.
- Red fabric, scraps
- Soft Touch pillow insert, 12”x24”
- Coordinating-color thread
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat (optional)
- Computer and printer
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion
- 1. All seam allowances are 1/2".
- 1. Use computer and printer to print "WELCOME" in font of choice.
- 2. Measure and cut 12-1/2"x22-1/2" aqua chenille rectangle (front of pillow) and two 12-1/2"x15" aqua chenille rectangles (back of pillow). Measure and cut two 4-1/2"x19" red gingham strips (ruffles). Cut "WELCOME" letters from red scrap fabrics.
- 3. Press short edges of red gingham strips under; stitch. Press strips lengthwise in half. Using a basting stitch, gather into ruffle. Set aside.
- 4. Using Fabric Fusion, glue letters on pillow front. Let dry.
- 5. Using red thread, zigzag stitch around edges of each letter.
- 6. Take back pieces of pillow edge under and stitch.
- 7. Pin ruffle selvages to side edge of pillow front. Baste in place.
- 8. Pin both back pillow pieces, right side together, to front pillow pieces. Stitch around all edges, leaving 1/2" seam allowance.
- 9. Clip corners and turn right side out. Insert pillow form.