The Vintage Workshop Image: Turkey Wishes (S10224)
Wooden tag, 2-1/2”
Pearl beaded trim
Natural hemp, 6” length
Red ribbon, 8” length
Jacquard Products: Inkjet Transfer Paper; ExtravOrganza
Jacquard Products Dye-Na-Flow: Brick
Computer and printer
Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue, Fabric Fusion
scissors, iron and pressing surface, rubber bands, mixing container and water, paper plate, microwave
1. Cut 7"x11" burlap rectangle. Use computer to download vintage image and resize to 5"x3-1/2". (Note: In photo processing software, make sure image is flipped horizontally so print appears in correct order when transferred.) Print image onto inkjet transfer paper. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse image onto center of burlap rectangle. Remove image backing to reveal image. If desired, gently pull threads from burlap edges to fringe.
2. Use tacky glue to adhere burlap onto vase. Use rubber bands at top and bottom of burlap to secure in place while drying.
3. Use computer and printer to type "Give Thanks" in landscape orientation several times in 16 pt Times New Roman font. Print out sentiment on ExtravOrganza. Trim sentiment into 1-1/2"-long strip. Wrap strip around bottom third of vase and glue ends on back to secure.
4. Use fabric glue to glue red ribbon around top of vase. Adhere gemstone rows above ribbon.
5. Mix dye with hot water using 1:1 ratio in plastic container. (Note: Mix enough dye and water to submerge wooden tag.) Position tag into mixture and let dye set for 30 minutes. Remove from mixture and place on paper plate. Microwave wooden tag for 20 seconds. Remove wooden tag from microwave and pat with paper towels to ensure dye has set.
6. Hand drill hole in center of tag. Insert brad into hole. Tie tag around vase with hemp, wrapping ends around ribbon on vase.