Vintage - Modern Purses
- Black and cream vintage purses
- Cover Button Kit (Dritz), 7/8"
- Casa Collection Black Ribbon Flowers (Wrights)
- Stylish Accents Black Petal Flower with Gem (Offray)
- Metal flowers and frames (Nunn Design)
- Assorted lace, 1/2" to 4"-wide
- Black trim, 1/2 yd.
- Satin and grosgrain ribbons, 1" and 1-1/2"-wide
- Fabric scraps, 2”
- Vintage buttons
- Embroidery needle
- Button thread: black; cream
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Permanent Adhesive)
- 1. Adhere lace and trims to purse. Layer laces if desired.
- 2. Use trim to finish top of purse.
- 3. Finish purse by adhering flowers, buttons and metal embellishments.
- Ribbon Flowers
- 1. Cut 18" length from 1-1/2"-wide cream satin ribbon.
- 2. Thread embroidery needle with doubled 12" length of cream button thread. Gather one side of satin ribbon using a running stitch.
- 3. Pull gathers tightly; knot.
- 4. Repeat using black grosgrain and black button thread.
- 5. Layer black flower onto cream flower and glue or sew together.
- 6. Adhere small black satin petal with gem to flower center.
- Covered Button Lace Flower
- 1. Choose three coordinating patterned black and white fabrics.
- 2. Follow kit manufacturer's instructions to cut fabric and cover three buttons.
- 3. Gather straight edge of black lace with button thread using a running stitch. Pull gathers tight; knot.
- 4. Adhere three covered buttons to center of lace flower.
- 5. Adhere black satin petal with gem to center of covered buttons.