Sewing needles: standard; fine (to fit through small beads)
Matching sewing thread
Optional: Sewing machine and matching thread
1. For cupcake base, cut a 2-1/2" circle and 3"x8-1/2" strip from pink polka-dot fabric. Placing right sides together, sew edge of circle to base of strip. Sew two sides of strip together to complete the cylinder.
2. Turn piece right side out and place small 2-1/4" cardboard circle inside cylinder and push it down so it rests against the circle base. Fill cylinder halfway with fiberfill stuffing.
3. Pour two tablespoons of pellets over fiberfill, top with more fiberfill, and fold any extra fabric around top down over stuffing.
4. For top of cupcake, cut 4-1/4" circle from orange polka-dot fabric. Sew around outside of circle. Pull thread to begin gathering edges.
5. Stuff top with fiberfill. Place 3" cardboard circle over stuffing. Pull threads tighter to trap cardboard in place.
6. Position stuffed top over stuffed base. Hand sew two pieces together. Tie rickrack around hand stitched seam.
7. Cut 8"x32" rectangle from tulle. Fold tulle into six 2-1/2"-long loops. Use needle and thread to stitch base of all loops together. (Note: There should be a thread in the middle of and a circle of loops.) Sew shaped tulle frosting to top of cupcake.
8. Use remaining thread on needle to stitch bottom of felt ball to center top of tulle frosting. Switch to fine needle and sew a scattering of E beads onto folds of tulle frosting. Sew seed beads over top of felt ball. Sew white flower sequins to tulle, with each one held in place with a single seed bead. Knot thread ends under tulle.