size: 6-3/4"x9" (closed)
- Oxford Impressions Stamp Sets: Steampunk, Steampunk Works, The Deep
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Heatit Craft Tool, Non-Stick Craft Sheet, Cut ‘n Dry Foam, Mini Misters
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Line: Gesso, Multi Medium Gloss
- Ranger Archival Cobalt Ink Pad
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Line: Sail Boat Blue, Wild Plum, Stream, Denim Inks; Blending Solution; Applicator
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash: Stream, Wild Plum
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating
- screwdriver, chip paintbrush
- 1. Remove screws from game board; set hardware aside.
- 2. Lightly dry brush box covers and dice cup with two coats gesso, painting first in one direction, then the other; let dry.
- 3. Mix color washes in misters at a ratio of two parts water and one part wash. Spray diluted washes onto craft sheet. Use foam pad to sponge mixtures over gesso, building up layers of color; heat set.
- 4. Stamp Cobalt images over surfaces, using photos as a guide. Stamp off onto scrap paper before stamping surface to create color variation. Layer some images to add interest. Heat set images.
- 5. Apply first layer of multi medium by tapping box covers with side of paintbrush; heat set. For additional layers, brush normally for canvas look. Heat set surfaces.
- 6. Apply a few drops of blending solution to ink applicator. Apply a few drops of Sail Boat Blue and Wild Plum ink to applicator. Tap ivory checkers to transfer color; heat set or let dry. In same way, apply Stream and Denim inks to hardware; heat set or let dry. Spray alcohol ink surfaces with two coats of acrylic coating; let dry.
- 7. Reassemble box.
- 1. Ranger Color Wash is typically not permanent over gesso. This unique technique seals the color without removing it, just be sure to "tap on" the first coat of gloss medium.