Pattern - So Tweet Cardigan
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse webbing to wrong side of fabrics. Print pattern. Transfer patterns to paper side of fabrics. Trace ten leaves on green fabric, two wings and two beaks on black/white fabric and one bird on beige fabric. For bird on smaller circle, trace bird from wing to top of head. Trace one oval on beige fabric, 3" circle and 4" circle from white cotton fabric. Cut out pieces and fuse in place on sweater, using photo as placement guide.
- 2. Stamp "FLY" on remaining fused white cotton fabric, spacing letters at least 1" apart. Cut letters out into 1/2"x1" rectangles and fuse to beige oval on sweater.
- 3. Use three strands of black floss to backstitch edges of stamped rectangles, 1/8" to 1/4" from edges, and birds, wings and beaks. Use a backstitch to form tiny branches to connect the leaves and for tiny bird legs on the large circle so that bird is standing on branch. Use three strands of Dk. Green Gray floss to blanket stitch edges of leaves.
- 4. Cut pom-pom fringe trim to fit around circles and oval. Use white floss to couch it in place by sewing over fringe every 1/4" to 1/2" to secure. Use black floss to sew pebble beads to faces, bringing thread from front to back of sweater and knotting at sweater back. Hand wash in warm water and lie flat to dry. Press with a warm iron if needed.
- 1. Wash and dry all fabrics without fabric softener before beginning project.