National Nonwovens Spring Blossoms Wool Wisp Pack: Coral Rose, Mint, Purple Aster, Blue Tulip, Summer Squash, Desert Flower
Felt, 9"x18": green, pink
Brads: 12 white, six black
Pastel-print ribbon, 1/8 yd.
Yellow cording or yarn, 3 yds.
Wooden skewers, four
Round toothpicks, three
Clover Needle Felting Tool
Beacon Adhesives Fabri-tac Glue
craft knife, foam pad, scissors, ruler, pencil, 3” circle template, bone folder
1. Cut smallest egg in half lengthwise. Cut block in half.
2. Insert toothpick between 2" ball and narrow end of largest egg. Add small amount of glue. Press two pieces firmly together. Repeat for 1-1/2" ball and smaller egg.
3. Cover bottom chest area of larger egg with Mint wool and needle felt. Add tiny balls of Purple Aster for polka dots and needle felt. Cover remaining area on ball and egg with Blue Tulip wool and needle felt. For tail, add small ball on end of egg; needle felt on foam pad. Create wing by pressing curved line with bone folder on opposite sides of both eggs.
4. Repeat Step 3 for smaller egg and ball using Summer Squash for chest area, Mint for polka dots, and Purple Aster for remaining areas on ball and egg.
5. Gently press sides of narrow end of egg half to create oval head shape. Cover with Summer Squash wool and needle felt. Needle felt Blue Tulip chest adding Purple Aster polka dots. Needle felt 3" circle of Summer Squash on foam. Cut 3" circle in half, fold slightly and needle felt to sides of egg.
6. For beaks, pull three pieces of Coral Rose wool. Needle felt pieces into oval shape, approximately 1" in size. Needle felt to each face.
7. For eyes, insert brads above beaks on each bird.
8. For legs, cut skewers in half. Wrap cut halves with yellow cording, leaving 1" at each end uncovered. Glue cording ends.
9. Cover sides of block with pink felt; glue. Cover top and bottom of block with green felt. Insert and glue white brads into top of block. Glue ribbon around block, trim excess.
10. Cut flowers from pink and leaves from green felt. Layer flowers over leaves on largest bird's neck. Glue in place. Glue button on center of flower.
11. insert two leg skewers into larger bird. Insert opposite ends into block leaving 2" showing. Insert second pair of legs into second bird. Insert opposite ends into top of first bird. Use third toothpick to insert into smallest bird and then insert into top of second bird. Spot glue to secure.